ATTENDEE HEALTH AND SAFETY GUIDELINES
We look forward to seeing you at NEMO2020. The health and safety of all attendees is our primary goal. To ensure the well-being of all event participants, we have assembled the following guidelines to provide a safe and enjoyable experience.
As a general rule, please use common sense when traveling to and attending the event. If you need assistance at any time, please reach out to Xiaoying Jin (Jessica), +86 178 1025 9049, firstname.lastname@example.org; Anqi Mao, +86 136 6663 4242; Hao Xie, +86 153 3653 6695.
BEFORE THE EVENT
● Be sure to write down the name and contact information of the event venue and your assigned hotel.
EVENT VENUE: Deefly Zhejiang Hotel
ADDRESS: No.278 Santaishan Road, Xihu District, Hangzhou, China
PHONE: +86-571 87180808 8600 9099
● Share your plans. Advise a family member or friend of your travel plans, including the dates you will be gone, how you will travel to the meeting, and where you are staying
● Research your destination and review requirements for entry/exit, visa requirements, local laws, customs, medical care etc. If traveling abroad, note the location of the embassy or consulate of your home country. (source: U.S. Department of State)
● Inform your bank and credit card companies of your travel plans and familiarize yourself with the local currency.
● Keep medications in your carry-on luggage
● Make at least two photocopies of all your travel documents (passport, driver’s license, credit cards, etc.). Leave one copy with a trusted person at home and carry the other separately from your original documents.
● Keep your passport separate from your wallet to avoid theft. Do not carry your passport in your back pocket.
The World Health Organization (WHO) offers the following health guidance to help you prepare for your trip.
● Read up on your destination (local diseases, packing recommendations, and preventative medications)
● If travelling internationally, contact a travel medicine center or a physician, preferably 4–8 weeks before departure to receive any required vaccinations
● Obtain prescriptions for your medications and assemble a suitable medical kit
Please visit the World Health Organization’s website for any travel advisories for your destination prior to your trip.
DURING THE EVENT
● Protect your identity. Wear your name badge only inside the meeting and convention facility; remove and secure your name badge when going to and from the meeting; when disposing of your name badge, scratch out or destroy your name and the QR code to protect your personal information;
● Plan for an emergency. Be aware of your surroundings. Know where the nearest exists are located. Use the buddy system. Exchange contact information with another meeting attendee. In the event of an emergency, agree where you will meet up. Call for help if your buddy doesn’t meet up at the agreed location within a reasonable amount of time.
● See something, say something. If you see something that raises a safety or security concern, please say something
● Keep a close eye on your belongings at all times. Avoid leaving bags on the ground or over the back of your chair.
● Report any lost/stolen property or ID documents immediately by calling the local authorities. Promptly cancel any lost or stolen credit cards.
● Do not leave beverages unattended and do not accept food or drinks from people you do not know
● Lock your vehicle and secure any valuables
● Do not indicate your room number on your hotel key
● If you or a fellow participant require medical assistance during the event, immediately inform event staff Xiaoying Jin (Jessica), +86 17810259049; Anqi Mao, +86 136 6663 4242; Hao Xie, +86 153 3653 6695 or call emergency services 
● Carry documentation of medications, allergies, and blood type. Wear your medical alert bracelet if you have one.
● Follow the World Health Organization’s (WHO) and Centers for Disease Control and Prevention’s (CDC) guidelines to prevent the spread of infectious diseases at the event:
1. Wash your hands frequently with soap and water for 20 seconds or use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer
2. Maintain social distancing (1 meter/3 feet) between yourself and anyone who is coughing or sneezing
3. Avoid touching eyes, nose, and mouth
4. When coughing and sneezing, cover mouth with flexed elbow or tissue. Throw tissue into closed bin immediately after use.
5. If you have fever, cough, and difficulty breathing, seek medical care early
6. Stay informed and follow advice given by your healthcare provider
● If an emergency occurs, please contact emergency services immediately by dialing 
● For non-emergency situations please call Xiaoying Jin (Jessica), +86 17810259049 Anqi Mao, +86 136 6663 4242; Hao Xie, +86 153 3653 6695
● Find a list of local emergency contacts here [120; Zhejiang Hospital: 0571-87987373 The 903 Hospital of Joint Service Support Force of PLA TEL: 0571-87348500]
● If you hear an alarm, please evacuate the facility immediately in a calm and orderly fashion. Pay close attention to your surroundings.
● Follow all directions from emergency personnel and event staff.
Below find the contact information of the hospitals with emergency rooms closest to our event. If you are venturing outside of the event venue, please note that there may be closer hospitals. In an emergency, always contact emergency services immediately .
ADDRESS: No. 12, Lingyin Road, Xihu District, Hangzhou City, Zhejiang Province
PHONE NUMBER: 0571-87987373
[The 903 Hospital of Joint Service Support Force of PLA]
ADDRESS: No. 14, Lingyin Road, Xihu District, Hangzhou City, Zhejiang Province
PHONE NUMBER: 0571-87348500